There are many reasons to hire a digital marketing company, and most of them tied to your website. Collecting leads, sell products, and increase awareness of your business is the main goal of digital marketing – and their conversion to occur on your site.
initial boxes they need to tick normally include those processes, location, availability, and cost. But how do you get to see the strongest company in an outwardly similar choice?
You need to know exactly what you want the company to do, and how to find out if they both were in it. Ask these seven questions to identify the real winner.
What to look for in a digital marketing company
Not all companies employ experts in every aspect of digital marketing. Some powerful in SEO on-page and technically, but it does not work on PPC. Another focus entirely on social media, influencer marketing, and brand strategy. Often agencies will specialize in one or two areas, and become a generalist in others.
Start by clearly identifying digital marketing aspects you are looking for outsourcing.
These may include:
- Social media management (content creation, posting/scheduling, responding to comments/messages, reporting)
- Social media advertising (boosted posts, ad campaigns, audience/targeting management, reporting)
- SEO strategy and content optimization (on-page SEO)
- Link building campaigns
- Local SEO (optimization, Google My Business management, reporting)
- Technical SEO (audits, 301 management, Google Search Console reporting, and fixes)
- Content marketing (strategy, writing, images, optimization)
- Google display or paid search ads (strategy, content creation, budget management, adjustments, reporting)
- Email marketing (strategy, content creation, scheduling, subscriber database management, reporting)
- Brand strategy (market research, strategic documentation, management, reporting)
Once you’ve found agencies that specialize in the right services, you’re ready for these hard-hitting questions!
This has been achieved, and the company may even be able to help others achieve that goal. But that’s what they are – the purpose. Any company that promises they can provide the right amount or provide quick results is a red flag.
Digital marketing is a strategy game that is always changing and figures. content marketing can take six months for the first year to show results. SEO requires ongoing effort, and every time the search engines change their algorithms, it can change your performance. Open rates and click-through rates depend on many factors and require constant testing and adjusting.
I hope this gives you ideas about what to look for in a digital marketing company. Such as a job interview, it’s helpful to give an example of a question everyone and see how they respond differently. Someone with less certification or experience might surprise you with brilliant creative thinking that is more suitable for your business.
Get in touch with us to find out more about how we can help your company to rise in the search rankings and stay on the top long term.